Events Intern- part-time, 10-20 hours per week. We offer college credit as well as an hourly wage!
Events Assistant- part-time, 15-30 hours per week.
Swan Lake Event Center is a campus-style facility that sits on 20 acres of gorgeous property and offers our clients a unique space to hold events of all kinds. We are in search of an Events Assistant to work with our Events Team 15-30 hours a week and assist in all aspects of running our events.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience working in the Events and Hospitality industries.
- Received a degree from an accredited university in Business, Hospitality Management, Communications, or a related field (or some combination of education and work experience).
- Performs well in high pressure situations.
- Is able to stand/walk for long periods of time without sitting.
- Is able to lift more than 50 lbs.
- Has a valid driver’s license and a form of transportation.
In this role you will:
- Assist the Day-of Coordinator during events (e.g., weddings, cultural events, social events)
- Be the first Events Team member to arrive on event days– must be comfortable opening buildings, preparing areas for vendor arrival, and checking in with clients.
- Assist in and manage the setup and teardown of events.
- Read floorplans and ensure spaces are set accordingly.
- Work with and assist in managing different teams of vendors to ensure we are meeting client expectations and upholding Swan Lake standards and policies.
If you’re interested in becoming an Events Assistant at Swan Lake Event Center, please email our Director, Kristen Kerr, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a short statement of why you think you would be a good fit for this position.